Monday, May 18, 2009

Now more than ever, I'd love to have my very own metal detector

You know what i hate more than losing things?

--having to look for them. Right now, I'd pick studying for my Astronomy finals again than having to look for my keys. I lose things. I lose things a whole lot. So I'm not new in this whole "tracing back my steps" technique. I've lost my keys thrice in the two months that I've had them (and I mean lost and having to look for them for more than an hour). I'd give up 1 whole day of the bare 3-day-vacation I have in exchange for them to have a ringer so I could just call (even if it's on vibrate, i could use a little nudge). I've tried everywhere, even in places where it shouldn't be. In my bags, dad's toolbox, the fridge, my back pocket, even in my sister's shoe boxes, not one trace of the sacred door-opening-mail-receiving iron apparatus. Losing keys to your house feels like an itch on your sole while you're wearing boots- it can drive you mad. I've given an ample lot of what's left of my study time replaying the last time I got a hold of it and it is to no avail. But then I had a sudden stroke of genius and this theory came to me- someone must have crawled up our porch last night and took it for my misery. Damn you.

Well blaming someone else feels so much better.
(I just noticed, I'm becoming a fan of the parenthesis)
HA.

No comments: