Monday, January 21, 2008

Horray for the Rabbits.



I am now venturing into the world of blogging. I am not a raconteur so this wont be the best place to expect the best. What induced me to start blogging is primarily to have a proper place to keep timed essays (25min. to be precise) that I MUST write for practice for the upcoming SAT’s this Saturday. I have been missing in action from composing subject-required papers for almost a year now because of me having to move. Thus, I now own a rusty vocabulary and I am at snail-speed at sentence construction. I liked writing essays but I was never the first one to finish in class- ever. I am indecisive and I can never go on if I am unsatisfied with what I just wrote. It took me a week to finish my 1000 word college entrance essay because the words I come up with were more often than not removed by the dreaded delete button.

So, here I am, desperately trying to make up for lost time. I have four days to cultivate the writer in me, which I doubt but prefer to think none the less. I believe that four days is better than none.

Aside from the former, I’m starting this site to fulfill my ever desire to own a blog site that I would actually update and keep. Something I have already tried 6 times- yet I failed because of lack of time and forgetting passwords. Yes I have had 6 blog sites in a span of 3 years-all of which are filled with at most 3 posts then left to rot in cyberspace forever. I’ll post some of my words from way back someday.

At first I decided to stick to my multiply account so as to not go through another backbreaking sign-up process, but because we went on another road trip for the weekend it was just today that I had the time to go online. But over the course of the two-day break for my computer, I discovered something that changed my mind.

Yesterday, while I was sitting at the back of our car wistfully contemplating on my thoughts , the subject about my ceaseless use of the internet has yet again become the topic of my parents. They have already told me ever so often to not make it a hobby. I tried, with all my will, I tried-but all those comments and photos and profiles and videos and celebrity gossip and art and things I just couldn’t resist keep me hooked. But I couldn’t tell them that; no matter how fun and open minded my mom and dad are they still ARE parents. They know that it’s not the healthiest leisure pursuit and I believe that. It’s just- oh I bet the world you already know what I’m talking about. So here is what happened:

Mama: Oh dinnaaa. Online na man pud lagi ka ALL DAY yesterday.

Dinna: Ma, dili man noooh.

Mama: Dinnaa. I’m your mom. I know.

Dinna: guilty & thinking-I’m always on stealth mode on YM.

How does she know?

Dinna: Huh? Unsa??

Mama: Sa multiply nimo noh, hala kung naay comments, reply dayun.

Dinna: -________-

I was like- what? She checks my multiply account? She goes all the way there?? I was so busted but she didn’t scold me. Oh I admire her patience. She just warned me once again that her relentless memos are for my own good. I wasn’t furious either because I knew I never really posted anything there that was too personal but it was freaky because what if I did! So that is my reason why this blog won't be read on my multiply. It is not safe. XD

That’s rounding up my very first post ever. Introducing why I’m here :) I went through all that singing up and I’m starting to make my layouts. I’ll change it soon hopefully. Yey! I like layouts. They’re purttyyy.

Well , wish me luck on my quest.

Till then, have a good one . ;)

Ps. It took me an hour and a half to finish this. Boo.

3 comments:

JiBSKiiPOOT said...

din, makatawa ako. hahah! hawd jud ang mga mama. u won't know soon, bcg makabalo pud xa sa access dri. hahah! :D mag.take ka pLa ng sat? gudLak sa imo. baLita.i nLng ko sa resuLts. heheh! i.compare sa admu entrace exam. hahah! :D

dinnseetoop said...

hahaha as in kuyaw sxa noh. bagets kaaio. haha. magtake ako para makapasok sa UCI. pray for me. haha babalitaan kita! haha :D o cge icompare nakooo haha XD

JiBSKiiPOOT said...

unsa mn pud ng uci? heheh! soree, zero knowledge kaaio ko ana. :D