Friday, June 13, 2008

Hand Writing

How do you that now a days? hahaha

Yesterday I planned to write back to my friend. Yes write, not reply. Meaning to communicate with an old friend using traditional methods- that is with pen and paper. I also needed to go to the library to return the DVDs I borrowed two days ago.

So before heading out, I placed in my bag my G-Tec, some sheets of paper and the dvds. I decided to write the letter outside the house so the distraction of the internet and the television will be out of the picture.

By 2pm, I went out and rode the bus to the library. I slid the dvds in the video return box and walked 2 blocks to the nearest Starbucks. I thought that it would be a great place to write. So I bought a tall Vanilla Bean with whipped cream and sat outside. The bossa nova in the background was the perfect icing on top of the melancholic feel of the place. So I brought out my pen and my paper-I was ready to start writing. Then the wind started to blow. That agitated me because my hair was all over my face. I tried not minding it it since I was already there and didn't have any other place to go. So, I started writing the first few lines of my letter.

Dear Monica, (I laughed because it reminded me of this radio show I hated back when I was in Davao.) ..... After four lines, my hand started to ache. But still I continued. By the 6th line I realized how hideous my writing was slowly looking. On the second paragraph, I decided to review what I have already done. IT LOOKED LIKE WAVES ON A FAKE OCEAN WITH 13 FLOATING WOOD LOGS. I had no sense of a straight line WHATSOEVER. Still, I continued, explaining how authentic this letter was looking-crossed out words and spelling jelus (jealous) all wrong. hahaha Eventually I got to the end of one page and my hand hurt like hell. I decided to stop because it looked like a tornado messed up a whole entire city. I decided to continue the letter some other day.

I realized how long ago it was when I had to write something this long. I've been out of school for almost a year so the longest thing I have had to write in the last 8 months was my college application form. I guess my hand writing skills is all rusty now. I've been typing all this time that I forgot how my hand writing looked. Booo.

Anyway, I'm writing again soon! ;) I'm already enrolled at Cerritos College for summer classes. I have English 100 and Introduction to Anthropology for the next 2 months :) YEY. Naa na koy pulos usab sa mundo according to Lanzi. haha :)

No comments: