Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Momma Loves Me

Currently I'm in our living room surfing the internet. Being this close to the television, I can't help but over hear what my dad is watching. Aaand since it's my dad at night --TFC. HAHA He's watching one of my favorites, "Anak" with Vilma Santos. Aaagh I can't help but cry every time I intently watch this film because indeed I can relate. Well, more like I've been through that situation. Thank God I'm with my parents now. I never fail to thank God every single day for this reality in my current life.

In a particular excerpt, Duday, (7 years old) the youngest among her children, trick her into removing a bowl over a plate (supposed to be food that she cooked) that had a frog under it. Vilma scolded Duday and then she started laughing. This irritated Vilma more and she came about asking what was so funny. This was what the little girl said:
"Sabi kasi nang teacher ko pag pinapagalitan ka nang nanay mo ibig sabihin mahal ka niya"
It's because my teacher told me that if you are being scolded by your mom it only means that she loves you.

During the weekend, I got another sermon marathon from my mom. I never like it when that happens. Yeah, who does? But I really believe that she just wants me to be a good person. I also believe that it helped me a lot. In my opinion, I think that I AM better than who I was before I got here. It just has to be good enough for them to see it more clearly. I love my mom very much because I cannot put in words how much she's done and how patient she is with me. I don't want her getting frustrated again so even though I know I tried, I will try harder.

No comments: