Monday, August 31, 2009

Nerd you herd

HA! I just found out that my 1st homework for Java Programming class is not due till 10pm this Friday! Holy Cow! I just turned in mine 6 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes early. Yes, you heard me -more or less a week early! You'd think that it's because I'm so over procrastination -but it's a bit of misunderstanding. I was looking at the wrong week of my planner and so I also semi studied for my BIO exam which I thought was this Wednesday. HA! YEY! It feels good to be early.

I never really liked the pressure of being last minute, but it's only that pressure that keeps me from doing other things that require less work. GAH

For the first four sessions of CIS 182 class, I never listened nor took notes. Programming is not my thing, plus we had computers with internet and a teacher who didn't care if we youtubed, or facebooked or even down right played poker while he monotoned the slides away. Basically, I knew nothing besides the little knowledge I had left from Senior year C++ class. So, last Friday I woke up knowing I had homework due 10pm that night. I started at 7pm and I crammed 9 hours of lessons in two hours and downloaded 3 softwares that I had no idea how to use. I had one hour left to make sense of the things I read and to my luck, at exactly 9:58, it all becomes clear. I get it two minutes before deadline. I hurried to the best of my ability and finished by 10:20. I felt bitter for being that close to making it but somehow accomplished to have at least been able to make two programs that actually worked.

And today I found out in class it's not due until September 4th. AHH relief!

Woah, so this is how it feels.

xxx


No comments: