Thursday, January 24, 2008

P*** @#$!%^*^!! (Phuket, Thailand)

I have finally started on practice essays. This is what I can say: #*&$& #$&*^!*@!. All my memories of essay writing hysteria during English class are coming back to haunt me(50 times worse).

Okei here's the drill: You will be given a short yet deep passage then a question. You will only be given 25 minutes to answer. It just sucks for me cause my brain activity has stopped working for some time now. It runs on Friendster comments and Photoshop juice. I should have started reviewing weeks ago- but noooo I still let the crammer in me push me to wait a little more. It's one more day before test day and I'm still stuck on my first (out of the 8 practice essays) essay. T_T Here goes nothing.

Many persons believe that to move up the ladder of success and achievement, they must forget the past, repress it, and relinquish it. But others have just the opposite view. They see old memories as a chance to reckon with the past and integrate past and present.

—Adapted from Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot, I've Known Rivers: Lives of Loss and Liberation

Do memories hinder or help people in their effort to learn from the past and succeed in the present?

I believe that the past is very important because without it, I will never be the person that I am today. I see it as something to look back on not only to remember treasured memories but to also to learn from mistakes done. They always say that experience is the best teacher. Well, we all know that going through situations first hand will make us stronger and fitter to tackle even more complicated conditions in the future. So I believe that all the best tools that I have are the lesson I have kept from mistakes that I have undergone before. I also see the past as something that will keep me grounded. It will constantly remind me of where I came from and how I got to where I am today. Also, there might be a time that I will not be in my best condition. Remembering my past will help me understand what I did wrong. From there, I shall rebuild my life and use all the knowledge that I have stored.

IT SUCKS AND IS UNFINISHED. I KNOW. 25 minutes will never do for me. T_T

I'LL HAVE AT LEAST THREE MORE TOMORROW- I HOPE. Xl


For the record, I have covered all the math pointers in two days thanks to http://library.thinkquest.org and http://www.sparknotes.com. :D The lessons covered were from freshmen year to only like 1/4 of my senior year. I guess they say that math back in my school was way advanced than what they require here. Thank God for that. I love math. It feels so good when you get the right answer after 15 minutes of uninterrupted solving and 3 pages of scratch. haha Today I rate my progress to a 8/10. Today I have accomplished studying math, writing an essay(1/6), exercising (30 min of cardio dance huh! XD) and controlling myself from visiting my friendster & myspace(something I never miss going to every chance I have with the net- for that I give myself a GOLD star :D). Buuuut, wasn't able to control myself from missing multiply and youtube. I'm hooked. I've got a new interest- indie film making. It's so addicting. I'll make one soon. hahaha I have all the free time in the world. Yeah.

I go to sleep now. Gotta watch out for those dark under eyes @_@.
TTFN.



2x + y + 3z = 10
-3x - 2y + 7z = 5
3x + 3y - 4z = 7

I never got the right solution. Arg.





4 comments:

JiBSKiiPOOT said...

deeen! u didn't teLL me u had a bLog pLa. hahah! Lagai kta sa Links ko. :]

dinnseetoop said...

:) okei tnx gevvv. ikas sad pag naa na koy list2. :D haha bago ito. giiwan ko na yung first na account (yung group account sana natin na giabanduna na. haha)I've run out of things to do sooo himo na pud ug another site hahaha :D \O/\O/\O/

JiBSKiiPOOT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JiBSKiiPOOT said...

waaah! salig ba wlang skul. hahah! tik lng din, alam ko kung gano mo na ka.gusto magskul. :D